Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Will Gregory for Congress

I was recently looking through a Gettysburg College alumni email and as I was scanning through the recent alumni news one piece of news caught my eye. All it said was Will Gregory class of 2007 is running for congress, followed by a hyperlink to his website. At first I figured he was running for a state congressional position. I have heard of young people getting elected to local governments so I figured that must be it. So I clicked on the hyperlink and as it turns out he is running in the primary for the United States House rep from Connecticut's 4th district. I thought wow, he is definatly ahead of where I am going to be two years from now. The site looked really good. Easy to navigate but what really got me was the message. As it turns out he is a North Eastern fiscally conservative socially moderate republican. Just like me. Next I figured that he must not have a chance due to the political orientation of the district. This certainly had to be a bastion of north eastern liberalism. But as it turns out it surprisingly moderate. Prior to the 2008 Election the seat was held by Chris Shays, a moderate, who was well liked and well respected. So there is certainly a chance that district will elect a republican. He has been campaigning for a couple of months now and is starting to get noticed even though he is only 24 years old. Check out his website, I think it will impress everyone as it impressed me. I for one support Will Gregory. Now if I only lived in Connecticut.



http://www.gregoryforcongress.com/

4 comments:

Justin said...

Well hell yeah Chris, that's something respectable.

Owen Carhart said...

Very interesting Stephen, im glad you ran across this im definetely going to check it out. How are you not a social liberal? What exactly is a social moderate? Or are you just afraid to have liberal associated with your name?

Owen Carhart said...

I watched the interview and I can't say im impressed, how can people say they are fiscal conservatives and for fiscal discipline and then turn around and say they are in the mold of Reagan who if you know your facts, did NOT lower the deficit

Stephen McNamee said...

Yea, I guess some of my social positions arnt really moderate in any way. I gues I meant socially independant. Things like legalizing drugs to decrease the influence of gangs are not favored by either party. That doesnt mean it wouldnt solve a lot of problems.