Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bienvenue

Hello, and welcome to our new blog: Conventional Wisdom! It’s so great to finally get this up and running; our group, (Madeline, Justin, Stephen, Jay, and myself) have wanted to start a political blog for a while now to catalyze the flow of creative juices in the political world to bring forth new ideas for public policy. My name is Owen Carhart and I am a loud and proud democrat from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I graduated from Gettysburg College in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in philosophy. I consider myself a center-left democrat. Socially speaking I am very liberal. However, when it comes to fiscal concerns I tend to be more conservative. I believe in market freedom when market freedom works, in reducing national, state, and local government debt. Cutting taxes is good as long as the government is not increasing services at the same time. However, I also recognize that there are externalities within our markets which create market failures and mandate government regulations to protect businesses and consumers. My blogs will always be posted on Monday mornings and I will also comment on my friend’s postings. I’m very excited to hear your thoughts and can’t wait for our discussions to begin! Bookmark our page, tell your friends and colleagues, and come back often! We are always looking forward to hearing from you!

No comments: